Wednesday 23 October 2013

Hello and welcome :)

I've started this blog on behalf of my sister, who hopes to become a self published author in the coming months. It will tell the story of this journey as I gain an insight into the world of online publishing. My first step has been to borrow a load of books from my local library, and buy a magbook http://www.magbooks.com/how-to-publish-your-own-ebook , costing £6.99. This is my first investment really...

In case you're interested, I'm not entirely sure what the book is going to be about yet...( I haven't been told) except that it will be a short story of approximately 12000 words, and a drama with a tinge of a horror element within the style of writing. (As this is her usual style?).

I have all my software ready to hopefully convert her story into an eBook. I'm usually quite good at this sort of thing...so I'll see how it goes once the manuscript has been fully written and edited (Partly by myself). Then I will look into publishing through different outlets...

Other issues I'm looking at is publicity through social media...and should I really consider buying ISBNs if its going to be a big investment for me? How can I make it worth it?

I will also hopefully be sharing other relevant content, links and pictures.

Finally, any tips and advice from you would be extremely helpful as I am new to all of this and there is a lot of information to take in all at once...

Many thanks...

No comments:

Post a Comment